Tuesday 6 December 2011

Punch Drunk Punk

That gap I could fill with a boot to the face,
Your self-concerned arrogance remaining in place,
Your syrupy words try to grab at my strings,
But you can't even see your deceitful weak stings.

Remember when this...? Remember but why?
Don't even bother, it's not worth a try.
When we slept as terrace in seaside states,
I thought you were it; my finest of mates.

But time muscled on, and jealousy destroyed,
The big one hi-jinx; my playtime with boys.
The vintage has blurred any speckle of care,
And the laughs that once were, were just left right there.

Remember the powder party; hi-fliers galore?
I spoke with the addled and saw rotting core.
One such child had spoke at me for hours, 
Yet my manners intact, my impatience had cowered. 

Now you may like a dram(a), you may want a shot,
But I haven't the time, not even a jot.
As heads disappear and invert up backsides.
I hope you've enjoyed all of our rides.

You think that I'm stupid, that you can take the piss,
If I could see you now, that gap would meet weegie kiss,
I hope your quaffing chaps see you for who you are,
A secretive, charming continental with a peanut - har de har.

The phone will ring out, so don't try and dial,
As judge and jury, there's no option for trial.
So remember - with fondness - all the fun we had shared,
But that was yesterday when perhaps you had cared.

So next time you want to rinse someone of knowledge,
Remember 'the small talk' that came at the college.
I was doing well, just fine, thanks for asking.
I'm sorry if you thought extra words would be taxing.

The inuit is focused on catching his fish,
And feeding his face with his premium dish,
So shove your mer medley where the sun won't shine,
You were, are no longer, a good friend of mine.

Good luck Francois, now I bid you Salut,
So now you can focus on you and you too.
Don't be considered, for one moment that I am bitter,
I'll drink a smokey note, and think of the 'big hitter'.

No comments:

Post a Comment