Wednesday 28 January 2015

Silence.

First of all an apology. I don’t want you to misconstrue something I said back in the best selling edition of bifkinpie “I met a woman who didn’t wear shoes.” I wrote ‘dur’ to follow one of the articulately chaotic points I made and it was aimed at myself but could have been assumed to be at you, pointedly, dear mega fan. It wasn’t.


Sorry. It’s since been edited.

Communication is a bastard isn’t it? Working within communications myself makes it glaringly obvious, particularly when miscommunications appear in communications. Which is all the time, right weevil face?   

We’ve all had an ambiguous text and made our own sense from its sprawl, but we took a wrong turn and in rendering the sense conclude with something so skewed from the intended origin that some form of balls up occurs.

I want to talk about something, but I’m scared to. I have been having clandestine discussions with friends and family that frighten me. Please take my hand.

I know I’m not alone.

Some time around 17 something something Australia was predominantly occupied by a huge influx of Northern European scum, non-scum and loads of Chinese merchants.

The conquerors had their own ways of living; They hung about a bit. Drinking, frolicking, building, doing great stuff at the cost of doing shitty stuff.

The earlier occupier looked on whilst taking just enough. They roamed, lived by different myths and ritual. They were pretty peaceful, generally. Or outnumbered. Without guns.

“They’re bloody stupid”

Said all of them about each other.

Unfortunately one side didn’t mind killing people. En masse.

Sits uneasy with me that you know. Really uneasy.

Australia can’t tackle the powerlessness experienced by the Aborigine community, with its masses of addiction issues, freely obtained government money, and all the negatives of living a sedentary life; the Aborigine way has had its essence completely annihilated by aliens.

May 26th is apology day where thousands of new conquerors walk over the Harbour Bridge to say “Sorry”.



Bet that was a cracking aftershow party… 

It’s an absolute sham that no compromise has been explored. But how do you blend two ways of life when belief systems are so opposed in purpose, in manifestation, in everything that it is incomprehensible to other facets.



How would the two ways of life come together for compromise? Is compromise even possible? Is it too late?

Could we – when faced with an opposing belief system – hold our hands out and say:

“Ok, we don’t get it, but we’ll just crack on? Oh, and how are you today?”.

Oh if only it were that simple. If only we were that simple.

For me, regression is a huge thing of compromising my belief system. I thought we were moving forward.

We must move forward.

Said all of them.

WE MUST MOVE FORWARD!




CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THIS?!




(silence).

No comments:

Post a Comment