Friday 11 May 2012

Crab Apple

The de ja vu of one just like you,
Makes me feel like a dunce; Investment undo!
Repeat my fall, as you point to a future,
In stroking me gently, I let in your nurture.

The mistake I have made again and again,
Never hardens against this ardour of feign.
And then the calls stop; sharp cleavered sever,
Nudging you gently, but left on a tether.

You look for a muse and one to bleed dry,
But the poet is void; in a mortal high.
It trumps up it’s being; is pleased with itself,
Your chaos, eternal, teeters on shelf.

And now I am scorned, there’s nothing worse.
Get out of my head; extol with the verse.
Will I learn of the centric; the shells on the rock?
In opening too soon, I’m left on the dock.

So I’ll be as honest, as I always am,
And declare that these tricks are truly a sham.
I can’t be prey to this convenient affection,
You won’t find me playing pyrite persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment