Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Gentle Con

Ha ha, you laughed,
And accused me of such malice.
Whilst you stay, Dolly Daydream,
Inland in your stagnant palace.

The drink, a gamble;
You profess no sense,
Just an extension of your shamble,
In aiding a downfall, tense.

You said do me a favour?
I fired, send me the papers.
I do not need emissive non-labour,
From one who commits idiot capers.

You think you know best,
Remote, away from the truth,
Yet it was me who was to invest,
Roulette wheel - a private pursuit.

For one who did nothing,
And omitted his intoxication,
Yet, still he did nothing,
The downfall of procreation.

I ask, do me a favour?
Keep your concern out of my life,
For I'm not yours to savour,
Not your trouble, not your strife.

You had your chance,
I tried to show you the way,
But eyes remained blinkered,
Mouths did not honesty say.

They say you still love her,
A pointless exercise,
As she lost it long ago,
A gradual - obvious - demise.

An empty vow,
That had nought within it,
A con it seemed within the home.
And so it continues infinite...

Perhaps she'll find the secret,
A meat-only-jaundiced-mess.
One who consumes on the quiet,
And sunbathes all-inclusive for less.

I wished you well,
I meant it true, completely,
But any help you ever gave me,
Was clearly interest-free only.

So now it is the end,
I mean for real this time,
Because what once was yours,
Is - really - now just mine.

So send me the writ,
As our journey is at the end.
And let's forget this bit.
Holy union? No, I pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment